Penne in Alfredo Spinach Sauce

I've done enough experimenting in my lifetime with different alfredo recipes to come up with my own. I tried something a little different by putting sauteed spinach in my pasta. It was good, but I've also done it with zucchini and I liked that better. You can technically use any type of pasta you like, but I recommend either penne or linguine. 

Alfredo Recipe:
1 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
1 tbsp sour cream
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

While your pasta is cooking, place a pan over low heat and stir together the flour, milk and sour cream. Once this is all mixed, add the cheese and continue stirring until cheese is melted. After draining the al dente pasta, add it to your pan and toss until the pasta is fully mixed in with the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. I like to add red pepper flakes and extra Parmesan cheese on top as well.  

The thing that is great about this alfredo recipe is that it doesn't involve a lot of weird ingredients like heavy cream or fancy cheese. It's also a lot less fattening because it only needs a little sour cream and you can do this with skim milk if you want to. If you think your sauce is too bland, add more cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment