Strawberry Glazed Chicken Breasts

It is beginning to be that awkward time of year, when you aren't quite sure if you should put away your warm clothes for good or not. I am also discovering that this is the awkward time when you realize that all the food I have bought over the past year needs to either get eaten or thrown out by move out time. I'm leaving this apartment (good riddance) in a few weeks, so new recipes need to come out of terrible ingredient choices.


Today I was looking at this collection of recipes on a Word document that my dad sent me. He told me he hasn't tried this one yet. I'm really glad I found it, because it was delicious and I already had the ingredients (sort of).




1 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (I only had apple cider vinegar)
1/4 cup strawberry jam
2 tbsp cooking oil
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 clove minced garlic
salt and pepper



In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, mustard, vinegar, and jam. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then in a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chicken breasts in oil for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the skillet, and pour in the broth mix to deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic. Return the chicken to the pan, cover and cook for about 5 more minutes, until it is cooked through. Once the chicken is done, set aside and wrap in tin foil. Bring the liquid to a boil for about 3 minutes, until the mixture has reduced to a thick glaze. Pour over the chicken and serve with rice. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I just came across your site on the BFB. I really like your concept, cooking from leftovers/bare cupboards is one of my favorite ways to cook! You should check out the Great Depression Cooking on youtube. She's adorable, and her recipes are delicious. Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I am looking at Great Depression Cooking right now and I already love it, thanks for showing me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strawberries are a low-calorie delicious healthy snack alternative, and a cup of strawberries contains only 50 calories, however many people like to add the granulated sugar to the strawberry, as well as chocolate, and pile the strawberry full of high fat whipped cream.

    Strawberry Glaze

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Nice Blog..! I have published some Grocerry Items in my blog United Kingdom with 10% Discount. Which are very Cheaper rates under pound.

    ReplyDelete