Eggs Barbacoa

Lately I've been on a Mexican food kick. Here's my latest concoction, coming from this blog. I modified it a bit to make it quicker.

1 tortilla (recipe calls for corn but I generally use flour)
1 egg
about a handful of chopped onions
1/4 cup of grated cheese (I used monteray jack)
1/4 cup refried beans
a couple spoonfuls of salsa

Poach the egg by bringing a small pan to a boil, then reducing the heat until it is just barely boiling. Crack the egg into a bowl being careful not to let it break, then gently drop it in the boiling water. Let the egg boil for about 2-3 minutes. (I cooked mine for about 5 and it wasn't very runny.) Meanwhile, warm the beans and microwave the tortilla for about 40 seconds to get it soft. Put all the ingredients in the tortilla, roll it up and enjoy!

I liked this recipe because it was a little different than a basic burrito. I think it would have been exceptional if my egg hadn't cooked so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment