Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

These are literally the best oatmeal cookies you will ever eat. I've been debating whether or not to give out this recipe, because it is a family recipe, but so far no one else in my family has been able to make them as well as I have. (Not to brag or anything)

1 1/4 cups butter, melted (Yes, this is 1 1/2 sticks. But worth it.)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
cinnamon and nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add flour, baking soda and oats. Add cinnamon and nutmeg to taste (this is where it becomes my recipe; I'm not quite sure how much I add. I just add enough that it's to my satisfaction. I think I might do about a tsp of each, maybe more. If it's too sweet, add more nutmeg, if the flavor is too strong, add more cinnamon.) Finally, add the raisins. Drop rounded tbsp on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
 
There's a key to baking cookies. If you like soft cookies, you need to take them out of the oven when they still looked slightly uncooked; when the are a little wet on top but starting to turn golden brown. When you let them cool, the heat in the cookies will finish cooking them so that they aren't gooey but you'll have nice soft cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment