Chicken Marinade

My boyfriend and I also did some grilling this weekend. I found this recipe online but made my own alterations to it, and my chicken came out really well. You can definitely make this on the stove top if you don't have a grill, and you can use any cut of chicken you want. I happened to be in the mood for wings.
Here is the chicken on the grill. Tom decided to go with his own made up marinade, but we ended up agreeing that mine was better. Mine are the yellowish ones.

2 tbsp oil
1/4 onion, chopped
1/4 cup vinegar (calls for apple cider but all I had was white)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
1 lb chicken wings

Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour in oil and onions, and let the onions cook so that the flavor sinks into the sauce. Add vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, honey and chili powder and stir. Meanwhile, cook the chicken for 5 minutes on the grill, then turn. Coat one side with sauce, cook for 5 minutes, then coat the other side. Every 2 minutes or so, turn the chicken and add another coat, until the chicken is cooked and the sauce is used up.

Should look something like this when you're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment