Chicken Wrapped in Bacon

I should technically be giving all of the credit to Paula Dean on this one. I did not invent it, but I did make it better.

2 chicken breasts
1/2 package of bacon
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 tbsp chili powder
maple syrup
(makes 2 servings)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut up the chicken breasts into about 1-inch thick strips. The bigger the strips are the harder they are to wrap. Once the chicken is cut up, wrap each strip with a piece of bacon, or more if needed. Use a toothpick at each end of the strip to hold it together. Place these on a rack over a pan. (I found that my toaster oven comes with a removable rack so I used that, but you could also use a cooling rack for cookies. You are supposed to use a broiler pan but I hadn't even heard of that let alone own one. The juices just need to be able to drain into something while it cooks.) Mix the brown sugar and chili powder together, and then sprinkle the mix over the chicken. Cook for about 30 minutes, until the chicken has been cooked all the way through. Dip in maple syrup.



Get the original recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment