Indian Fusion Hot Dogs

What is better than waking up late on Sunday afternoons, cuddling and watching the Food Network? Not much that I can think of at the moment. That is what I did a couple weeks ago. I was over my boyfriend's house, so it was a treat to get to watch cable! I was watching Aarti's Party, and she made this dish which looked really interesting to me. 

I'm not a big Indian food person. I had pretty much zero Indian spices in my cabinet, which prevented me from making this taste like anything Aarti made. But I still thought it was bangin'. Below is my abbreviated version, but if you happen to have tons of Indian spices on hand, here is the original recipe



1 tbsp oil 
1/2 large onion, diced
1 med tomato, diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp ketchup
1/2 tsp mustard (I used spicy mustard)
4 hot dogs, sliced
1 pita

(makes enough for 2)

Heat the oil in a medium-large pan over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, carrots and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes. Then stir in the ketchup, mustard, tomatoes, and hot dogs. Add water if mixture is too dry. Cover and let simmer on med-low heat for 15 minutes. Slice pita in half and serve mixture in pitas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment