Deals and Steals

No, I am not going to give you a lesson on couponing. (Though if you want to learn, I suggest http://www.couponing101.com/) Deals and Steals is actually the name of a grocery store. I just returned from my first visit there, and I had to blog about it as soon as I got home. If you are anywhere near the Northampton, MA area, you need to take a trip to this place.

My internship boss recommended this place to me, but I didn't realize how incredibly cheap this plethora of organic food could be. I am interested in eating healthy and organically, but thought that stuff was for people with money. I live off of frozen meals and endless amounts of pasta dishes. Rice cakes and organic stuff are for the rich. I now realize my misconstrued assumptions.

Here is a link to their website for location information. I guess they have a clothing store as well, but I didn't end up checking that out today.

Literally, this grocery trip was cheaper than Stop and Shop and I got much better food; I was able to get things I wanted rather than the basics that I needed.

My total? $11.92.

I couldn't believe it when I got to the register. If you aren't convinced yet, just take a look at what I made off with.
  • Annie's Cheeseburger Macaroni - $0.99
  • 20 mini tortillas - $0.99
  • Power Bar Harvest Energy - $0.50
  • Caramel rice cakes - $0.99
  • 365 brand Peach Snack Bowls (pk of 4) - $1.99
  • "Darn Good" Chili Mix - $1.99
  • Mr. & Mrs. T brand strawberry daiqueri mix - $0.99
  • Alfredo risotto - $0.99
  • 2 cans chicken broth - $1.99
This place has a large selection of teas, you can even mix and match your own. They have a hair care/cosmetics section as well as a lot of gluten-free products. If you like bizarre foods there is plenty of that as well. And they carry Jones soda and other popular organic drinks at a reduced price.

It is definitely worth the trip even if you don't live too close to Northampton. I suggested that my mom stop by  the next time she is out this direction. She used to shop at Whole Foods a lot but I think it just became too expensive. 

I'm so excited to be eating better and for a lower price! I still can't get over the fact that shopping for organic food has become cheaper than eating crap. Like even cheaper than the JBC I bought on the way there.  

3 comments:

  1. I'm from Western Mass and Deals and Steals always made me and my sister giggle. It's a GREAT store, full of awesome food finds, but I love the way you can pick up a pair of New Balance sneakers at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice Blog..! I have published some Grocerry Items in my blog United Kingdom with 10% Discount. Which are very Cheaper rates under pound.

    ReplyDelete